Friday 4 June 2010

So, I may have forgotten to mention that issue two of Marineman is complete - apart from the coloring. Upward and onward to writing and drawing issue three then!

Here's a Marineman head shot that will be used as a reflection in a diving mask in issue two. Once it's colored and ghosted out it will be quite subtle so I thought I'd post it here in all its black and white glory!


















I also want to mention that I did a Torchwood cover recently and it was solicited yesterday to come out in August. I did it in my more rendered style to suit the tone of the publication. I hope you'll all go check it out and buy one!

Here's a link to the press release.

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=7816

And here's a picture of two fellow 'Image' comic creators who may look familiar!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ian really excited for Marineman. Got into your art when you did those couple of issues of titans a couple years ago and then your fantastic run on RULK. I just wanted to let you know how big a fan i am. Also, I was curious when Marineman would be solicited? Keep up the great work!
    P.S. Any chance this young Floridian can sneak a Marineman commission out of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There!

    Thanks for the kind words!
    At the moment I'm flat out on getting the issues completed so I don't have time for commissions, but if you can wait 'til next year sometime I may be able to fit one in.

    I'm aiming to solicit Marineman number one in the August edition of Previews, so look for it to ship in November.

    ReplyDelete